Sunday, November 16, 2014

birthday weekend

half a year later, we're catching up on a fifth birthday =)  since my memory barely extends to this morning these days, i'll write a bit about her as she is now, despite the anachronism.

I don't remember when we started calling her 'little buddy', but it has turned out to be the perfect description of our sweet girl.  she loves nothing more than making someone happy or cheering someone up, whether it's surprising you with a clean floor in their room (something that is truly surprising, let me tell you ;-)) or immediately offering her sister her own lollipop when the other broke.  she often tells me I'm the best mommy in the world, and I don't disillusion her ;-)

she still has a certain innate grace and flair in her movements, and she prefers imaginative play (read: Frozen re-enactments up the wazo0) to problem-solving, though she's taken a real interest in reading lately, both letters and music.  she is spiritually aware and curious, and often floors me by asking me to pray with her when we both need a change of heart.  out of the mouths of babes!  she also comes up with some mind-bogglers like 'where is the devil?  does he die?  is God the sun (after hearing that God is light)?'

so back to may.. her birthday fell on a Friday, and s and I came to class with her, since she was the star student.  that evening was the girls' ballet dress rehearsal, and grandma and grandpa showed up to surprise her for the weekend =)  Saturday was the recital, and Sunday was her birthday party, which we'll get to in the next post.  I think she was well-celebrated =)


thrilled with her new 'nightgallon' that came in g&g's package
 

journal time at school
 


i found c's gift really touching - the blue purse she'd gotten as a prize at school, and the dollar coin she'd just gotten from the tooth fairy

I made her a little felt doll because she'd been bugging me to make her something after watching me make various things as gifts - I think she liked it ;-)


birthday dinner with daddy



surprised after dance!




cake in progress - she requested a 'wedding cake', which may be the first and last time I make a layered fondant cake =p


 
showing off her new two-wbeel bike skills
 


lining up for the recital
 
 

with their classmates

miss b


dinner at the Bear's Den

No comments:

Post a Comment