Saturday, June 29, 2013

birthday fun

someone turned 4 in may!  we decided to have a little party at the skating rink, since she'd loved it when our friends took her skating.  we started out with cake and balloons in the party room overlooking the rink:

watching the skaters




she requested 'chocolate cake with chocolate icing and chocolate chips' =p, so I figured grandma's texas sheet cake ought to do the trick


guess it wasn't too bad ;-)

 
mrs. b, the skater

our party favors - a bright idea that didn't work out quite as well as hoped.. a lot of them wouldn't come out of the molds =p
now on to the ice!






 

I even got to skate, thanks to m, our babysitter - only to discover that I couldn't get comfortable enough to attempt even a one-foot spin, much less a jump =p
 
 
 

she did this spontaneously

miss m took good care of me =)
watching the figure skaters

I think we had a good time =)
happy birthday to our favorite buddy!  we can't believe you've grown so fast, and we can't imagine life without you.  you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment