Monday, June 20, 2011

my small pat on the back

anyone who has ever moved, or gone on vacation for that matter, knows about the using-up, cleaning-out process.  so to those able to admit to a smidgen of pride in wasting not, you would appreciate tonight's meal: 

for the adults: ravioli with seasoned tomato-artichoke sauce
for the kiddos: trader joe's fish nuggets, peas, and baked potatoes
(NB:  i would have tried the ravioli on the kids, but there wasn't enough of it.  that is a subject for another post or ten)

anyways, the unseen dimension of this innocuous and even rather tasty meal, is that every ingredient was the last of its stock.  in other words,
- half a package of ravioli
- last can of italian seasoned diced tomatoes
- last can of trader joe's artichoke quarters
- last 1/4 cup of parmesan
- half a package of fish nuggets
- last 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- last leftover baked potato

not half bad, eh?  ;-)  for the curious, simmering a can of seasoned diced tomatoes, chopped artichokes, and stirring in some grated parmesan makes a perfectly respectable pasta sauce that i will be making again.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed! But not surprised! After having witnessed so many meals like that, I would expect nothing less!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I think I just subscribed myself. I will let you know if it goes through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my typical dinner meal ... minus the ingredient use ingenuity O_o

    ReplyDelete