we had some new friends over for make-your-own pizza dinner. the girls helped me prepare:
we attempted to eat on the porch, but that sounded like a better idea than it was. it was such a buggy summer!
c got it in her head that she wanted to sew, so we started our first little pillows. buddy could do buttons with a little help and the seam by herself, and c could do just about all of it, including threading the needle.
| so proud! |
I looked for a VBS the girls, since our church doesn't do children's worship or sunday school over the summer. the only one I could find that late in the summer was at Autumn Ridge Church, which turned out to be not only fairly close to us, but also the meeting place for Side By Side, the medical wives' bible study that I joined later. and, one of c's teachers turned out to be the children's worship coordinator at our church! the girls enjoyed the wild west theme (I think 'yee-haw' was the main takeaway ;-)), and I, with only one child in tow, got to go for a few runs and do a bit of work.
| lu missed one day when she wasn't feeling well, so my planned run turned into a nature walk |
and we tried out a MYBA ballet class, which we joined in the fall:
Byron doesn't have a library, and the Rochester library is a bit of a commitment to go to, since you have to pay for parking and walk from the garage. so the Bookmobile is one of our favorite new things here! it comes to Byron twice a week, and we hop on and hop off.
here are some of our few uses of the bumbo before we had to retire it due to, umm, thigh circumference ;-)
and yes, he is pretty much always that happy! =)
Hi Jo, I love checking out your blog and finding out how you are all doing! Great to see the kids thriving and where you are living now. God Bless!
ReplyDelete