Monday, October 7, 2013

home life, early july

lots more pictures, just enjoying our new home and town.  the only zoo nearby is 2 miles down the street from us, and it brings lots of Rochester friends out our way.  I think we went 3 times in two weeks!

we almost never use the pacifier - he prefers self-service ;-)

painting rocks with the set nai nai got them

first roll was accomplished on 7/2, just over 3 months

planting flowers with daddy

and in the kitchen with mommy

snoozing again

hazards of having big sisters

and again
I have tried and tried to get some pictures of how beautiful it is just driving around here, but so far this is the only good one.  the loop that I run (once a week if i'm lucky, since it's too hilly for the stroller) is a feast for the eyes: rolling fields, gravel roads, past the cows you'll see below.  I keep telling myself I need to take the camera on a run, but even I haven't managed that yet ;-)
on the way home from the elementary school

 
daddy set up a little t-ball action.  we have two trees just right for first and third



more swinging at the park across the street



our three nutkins

we see some serious mowing equipment around here


hands are fun =)



two bald eagles, up close and personal



running in the sprinkler


this herd likes to hang out at the entrance to oxbow park, where the zoo is

learning to jingle my toys

sisters

enjoying the newly unpacked ice cream maker

I really look up to my daddy

back to the zoo with friends, checking out the bison
the lack of yard waste pickup has been a new thing for us.  after the first time when our neighbors helped us with the branches, i got two large, flat-sided trash cans to use for grass clippings.  the kids and i hauled them to the dump in the next town every Monday all summer.  at first, they dreaded the trips because of the stink and the flies, but after a few weeks, i rigged something to keep the lids closed, and everyone was much happier.  and there was a cool playground on the way home =)



No comments:

Post a Comment