Wednesday, January 8, 2014

rice and pumpkins

a few days before the anticipated six-month mark, little man had his first taste of rice cereal.  I know you'll be astonished to hear that he gobbled it right up ;-)




the big sisters were at least as excited as he was


hey, gimme some more of that!

a family at church advertised a potato-digging day on their farm.  genius of an idea - lots of willing help for them, lots of hands-on fun for us city folk, downright symbiotic =).  we didn't get there till afternoon since it was a school day, and all the potatoes had been dug, but we did get in on hauling pumpkins.  the girls both fell asleep in the car, and while c woke up ready to go, buddy not so much.. she spent the first 45 minutes crying about the horses (which granted, were quite large), the cows, the flies, the dog, the kittens - you get the idea =p


 


starting to come around



by the third round, she was good to go




after two rounds of passing pumpkins over a babe-in-bjorn, I thought it would be more actual help if  I just watched their baby, who had been riding in a back carrier.  unlike the other baby, who is almost the same age, I had to put s in his carseat to keep him from crawling off the blanket =p

punkins in a punkin patch


looks like we're ready for Halloween ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment