| my two extra moms =) |
| mr. j was asked to read a book.. it took a few minutes before L peeked around to see exactly *what* book =p |
| the p family |
| s, a source of much delicious bible study food, and the very first person to meet si |
| enjoying all the yummy muffins |
| the sprinkler was a perfect move. such a joy to see the kids running and squealing and soaking up the sun and the friendship |
| Dartmouth mommies =) |
| s hanging with the guys |
| mrs. m remembered c's favorite breakfast item |
that afternoon, I went with a friend, a, to Aisha's grave. I hadn't been there since the funeral, but I knew I wanted to visit before we left. providentially, her husband r pulled in right in front of me. it was so fitting that we should spend those few moments, that time should stand still for a short hour while she seemed to be with us. we talked about the moves that we had known from the beginning would separate us, never dreaming that they would be preceded by this parting. I introduced s to her. watching r turn from the grave at the funeral was one of the most painful things I have ever witnessed, but that day, watching him linger a few minutes then return with a song on his lips and a solid hope in his eyes must have been among the most beautiful.
that night, we went out for a special father's day dinner at a Brazilian steakhouse in Virginia. quite a spread! I think I tried 5 or 6 of the 20+ meats. it was a late night (8:30 reservations!), but the kiddos lived up to their amazing restaurant abilities. i'm still not sure exactly why they love going to restaurants so much, since they don't particularly like restaurant food =p
sunday was our last day at shady grove presbyterian, and we were surprised by an announcement to that effect during the service. we are so thankful for our two years there! I also got a special treat as my high school friend, a, came down from Baltimore to spend the morning with us:
before cleaning up the apartment, daddy opened his father's day presents: paper ties and cards from preschool, a Stan Musial jersey from mommy, and, in the second picture below, a DVD of The Chloe and Lucy and Silas Show, season 2012-2013 =)
finally, towards evening, we got everything packed in the cars, turned over all the keys to daddy, who was staying for another week, and headed up towards new jersey. the moving company still couldn't tell us when they would deliver, so it seemed like a God-given opportunity to spend some time with nai nai and ah gong while we were waiting. goodbye for now, Maryland!


No comments:
Post a Comment